Sunday 7 September 2014

BB Dreams



I have to admit that I’ve always tried to play it pretty safe when it comes to makeup on my face. My skin is dry and sensitive, so consequentially it’s always been prone to nasty breakouts. Since a young age I’ve always assumed that my only option has been to slather a heavy Foundation over my blemishes and imperfections to conceal them. Recently, however, I have discovered a marvelous product which has made all the difference to my complexion – leaving me feeling confident, comfortable and actually rather beautiful! I will confess, my dear readers, that I have fallen in love.

If you’ve been keeping up with my posts then you’ll remember that I decided to try out a BB Cream during my trip to Leeds Festival. True to my word, I walked into Boots intent on purchasing the perfect cream for me; I wasn’t prepared, however, for the sheer range of products I had to choose from! It turns out that BB Creams – known mainly as Beauty Balms – are just the start of a whole range of relatively new products called Alphabet Creams which are taking the  European market by storm. Urban Decay, Soap and Glory, Bare Minerals, Garnier, Clarins, Rimmel, MAC Cosmetics and Estee Lauder all have their own versions and so I was spoiled for choice! My budget being tight, I picked up Maybelline New York’s Dream Fresh BB Cream and was simply astounded by the amount of skin benefits it boasted of having. The products insists that it creates a natural glow for the skin, compliments your natural skin tone, hydrates your skin all day, blurs your imperfections, looks visibly smooth on the skin, leaves your face feeling fresh, is oil-free, non-greasy, and also helps to protect the sensitive skin of your face from the sun with an SPF30 UV Protection. Purchasing the product, I must admit I wasn't feeling too optimistic. How could one product possibly be so beneficial to your skin, but also be so light?

Honestly, I have never felt so passionate about a product before. BB Creams are, in my mind, the future of skincare and beauty regimes for young people. I wish that I had discovered these creams when I was much younger. It would have saved me a lot of hassle battling bad breakouts! Whereas Foundation can be quite heavy, encouraging further blocked pores and exacerbating bad skin situations, my BB Cream feels light and fluffy. No, the coverage is not 100% perfect used on its own, however combining the product with Concealer, Bronzer, a sweep of Blush and Loose Powder is enough to make up my face as part of a daily regime without putting my skin under too much strain. Through replacing my Foundation with BB Cream, my face appears youthful and glowing – exactly how it is supposed to look as a Woman in my late teens. Here’s a peek of my ‘natural look’ using BB Cream.


I don't look glamorous to say the least, but I've achieved a day look which is natural looking, covers my imperfections, is quick, easy and good for my skin - all that you really need on a day to day basis.

That doesn’t mean to say that I’ve completely abandoned my Foundation. Sometimes, on special occasions, you simply cannot afford to allow a slight blemish to show when you're expected to look at your utmost best. In that case, I use my BB Cream as a Primer and then apply Foundation on top. Through this method you can actually get away with using much less Foundation than usual, but get the same flawless look. I apply my BB Cream with my fingers as I would an everyday Moisturiser, but then use a combination of Makeup Brushes and Cosmetic Wedges to blend my Foundation over it so that I look picture perfect.

BB Creams sound pretty amazing right? Yes, but apparently there's more: CC Creams are being marketed to shoppers as ‘Colour Control’ Balms; basically these are the new and improved BB Creams, focusing on neutralising red areas of your skin and providing more coverage than your average BB - with all the same skincare benefits. So, what’s next? DD Creams? EE Creams? Alphabet Creams are all the rage, so you never know how far this latest beauty trend will go; all I know is that from now on - and throughout my twenties - I will be predominantly using BB Creams or CC Creams as a more gentle alternative as a makeup base, and I would encourage others with young skin to follow my lead. Heavy products can be harsh on young skin, and I promise that if you make a change to an Alphabet Cream you will see the difference on your skin within a week. Baring that in mind, I would also advise that you purchase a BB Cream of at least SPF 25 so as to protect your skin from sun rays effectively.

Are you a fan of Alphabet Creams? Are there any certain products that you would recommend? I'm always open for comments and discussions so please let me know what you think; you might even be able to inspire me.

Remember that there is no greater beauty a girl can have than a smile. Life can be wondrous, try and think optimistically.

Lots of love, Georgie Rose xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment