Saturday 30 August 2014

Keeping Busy



Okay, so I will hold my hands up and admit that I have recently committed the ultimate sin of an up-and-coming blogger attempting to get her work out there: I haven’t been posting. It’s not that I haven’t wanted to; life has just continuously and continuously been getting in the way! 

Last weekend I was at Leeds Festival, which was amazing - if freezing cold and slightly damp. In preparation for the Festival I went shopping with my best friend, which was probably half the fun in itself! We went for a nice lunch at Pret a Manger which has turned out to be my new favourite place. The staff seemed so relaxed and friendly and the food was absolutely divine – and cheap too. It made me wonder why so many people go to McDonalds thinking it’s their only cheap option, when they can get gorgeous, wholesome, healthier food at Pret a Manger for exactly the same price.

My first experience at Pret A Manger, with my best friend - and definitely not my last.

If you can’t tell already, I adore shopping – but it can get slightly depressing when you don’t have the cash flow for everything that you want. Walking through town was like walking through a Heaven which I didn’t have full access to yet. I had to walk straight past some of my favourite brands without being able to buy a single product; it was genuinely heartbreaking.


In the end we managed to get everything that we needed though; and I managed to only have one splurge on a want and not a need. I purchased a gorgeous pastel blue kimono from Primark for only £15 - a bargain really when you think of how much you can pay for them at places like Topshop and New Look: £25, which I think is a bit overboard! The kimono is beautiful though, so I couldn't resist buying it and I haven't taken it off since.





So the weekend arrived and we headed off to Leeds. We arrived in one piece, but could barely put up a tent and didn't manage to keep up with our 'glamping' for very long. I'll just say that my ugly sweatpants did not remain in the tent for the entire weekend, which I had previously insisted would be the case. Whilst at the Festival though I stumbled upon a glamorous looking fake fur jacket from an Oxfam outlet for £15, which I originally put on as a joke but ended up falling in love with and purchasing.


The bands we managed to see at Leeds were phenomenal. We managed to get great places for each of the headliners, and although they all put on a great show I have to be biased and say that my favorite band Arctic Monkeys put on the best performance of the weekend. Once they had finally (and reluctantly) left the stage, Ella and I packed up our things and headed to a night of disaster which ended in us sleeping in a train station for four hours and finally getting to Peterborough at 7:45 the next morning. My Mum, charmingly, commented that I looked like Pennsatucky from Orange is The New Black - my attempt to look 'non-stop fabulous' throughout the weekend had obviously gone downhill.

So what's been going on since then? Well, as many of you know I am starting University in September - teacher training, if you're interested - and my moving in date is looming closer and closer.  I went for a proper look around my campus at the University of East Anglia a few days ago with my Mum, and was really impressed. Norwich seems like such a peaceful place and the campus was wonderful, I honestly feel like I will thrive in the environment and can't wait to begin. I found a beautiful shop in the Norwich Castle Mall which contained the Bomb Cosmetics line and my favorite Yankee Candles, even though sadly I'm not allowed to burn Candles in my flat.


If you're a University student you can sympathise with the sheer amount of things that are on my list to do. I have bits and pieces to buy for my room, I have pre-reading and pre-course tasks to do, I have to organize important documents, sort out what to bring with me to my flat and what to leave at home, collect medical records, try and find a part-time job - the list seems to be endless! It's also making me stress out majorly, but I guess that's normal. I'm coming up to a big change in my life after all, so it's only natural to feel a bit nervous. With everything I have to do, it's a wonder that I've been able to find time for the special people in my life. My boyfriend Tom has been a massive support to me through both the good times and the bad, and spending time with him has really helped me to take a step back and look at the bigger picture so I can worry less about the future.



He's back on tour now (like his facebook page and follow him on twitter, if you haven't already) and so I'm going to miss him like mad, but when he gets back we're going to take a trip to Ikea so I can sort out last minute things that I need for University life. I guess life can't always be about intense romance, eh? ;)

Now that I've got you up to date, beauty blogging will commence as usual! I can't wait to share my thoughts on some of the products I've been trying lately with you all. Thank you for your patience and your support!

Keep breathing and keep smiling, life is a beautiful thing :)

Lots of love, Georgie Rose xoxo



1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm starting University in 6 days! Also hopefully to become a Primary Teacher! I'm living at home so haven't had all the stress of moving away! Great post to read! xoxo

    missstudentstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete